Yesterday, I was feeling adventurous and took time away from my office and ventured into a different neighborhood…and walked into the wonderful green grocer COOKBOOK, in Echo Park/Los Angeles. Well worth the journey, I left with a bag of Proscuitto Ficelle Sandwiches, Homemade Fennel Soup and a freshly made Crusty Walnut baby baguette ( every bite was delicious!). The super cool owner Marta Teegan is onto something really good here. It feels very grounding doing your shopping in a store that feels like a mini farmers market, bringing to mind a time gone by, and which can be brought back if we support businesses like COOKBOOK, because they:
* encourage the local growers to grow organic food/fruits/vegetables/eggs, etc.
* encourage local bakers to bake organic fresh breads
* encourage cooks to make fresh organic prepared foods
* give employment to many people doing something they love
* build a relationship with the you and can discuss the foods available and where they came from, etc.
* It feels good to be part of a community
1549 ECHO PARK AVENUE
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Open every day from 8 am to 8pm ( I would call ahead and make sure those are the correct hours)